Tuesday 13 November 2012

Photoshop CD Cover


I was asked to create a CD cover. I opened Photoshop and set the page size to 120mm x 120mm. I set the page this size as this is the size of an average CD case. In order to create an effective cover I had to open a website called www.brusheezy.com the website allowed me to download a wide range of brushes. I downloaded a range of brushes in order to create my CD cover. I inserted the brushes into Photoshop and used them on my CD cover. To create a unique CD I downloaded brushes that would attract the customer and relate to the CD. The text that I used connotes the genre of the DVD as it is a casual yet effective font. Overall, looking at the CD cover, the design is very effective and attractive. This has been done by inserting white text on a dark background and inserting black text on a white background. These colours contrast well with each other and make the CD cover look important.  The colour scheme of the CD is de-saturated. I have chosen to create a de-saturated CD cover as it makes the cover look casual yet important. I have placed the main image on top of a plain white background, by doing this I have made the image look important as it is the only main feature on the cover. The text is also laid out in a way to attract the customer, I have placed the name of the CD on top of the main image as the text connoted the image. I have also placed the track name along the side of the CD, not the top or the bottom. By doing this, it allows me to angle the text so it is not straight. This is effective as is makes the cover look interesting and unique. This method also fills white space and makes the CD look important.





No comments:

Post a Comment