Monday 18 March 2013

Blog Write up, Week 2


I have achieved many things last week. I have continued with my magazine front cover. As you can see from the screenshot below I have made substantial progress towards finishing my product.

As you can see below, I have created an advert advertising a competition to win a new guitar on my front cover. To do this I simply created a circle and coloured it black. I have also added a white stroke to my advert. This is an advantage as it makes the advert stand out and attract the attention of the reader. I have also added a drop shadow. Adding a drop shadow is an advantage as it makes my features look like they are lifted from the page.

In addition, I have also added in a barcode and a price for my magazine. Adding in and selecting the correct barcode is essential as a barcode is what is used to purchase the magazine. I have sized and placed the barcode at the bottom right of my page.

Furthermore, I have included one of my sell lines and have added in two exclusive images at the bottom of the page. I have done this as these images will attract the customer as they advertise an exclusive interview with the front page star. I have also added a white stroke to both of my images, this will make them stand out. I have also added in a small drop shadow to my text as this makes the text lift from the page.

Reviewing the progress of the magazine, I can state that everything run smoothly last week. I did not encounter any problems editing or inserting my images. This was because I used the skills that I had learnt last week, and these skills were how to insert a stroke and a drop shadow to text and images. These are major skills as I can use them to add effect to my product.

I have decided to set myself some very specific targets for this week. The targets are as follows, I plan on inserting all of my sell lines in to my front cover. This will put me in a good place as it means my front cover would be finished. When I finish my front cover I can move on to complete my dps.

I also want to finish the second draft of my article and insert my article into my dps. This is a major target as this means I would be one step closer to finishing my final product. If I do not complete these targets my product may be at risk of not getting finished and handed in for the deadline.





No comments:

Post a Comment