Monday 18 March 2013

Blog Write up, Week 1

Last week I completed many tasks. I have completed my photo shoot and completed the measuring of my article. This is a major advantage as this allows me to get ahead and make a good start at completing my product. Last week I also created and placed my masthead into my front cover. It is essential that I create my masthead at an early stage as I need to align all other features around the masthead.

To make my masthead attractive, I used a very heavy and dramatic font. I used a font called “Living Hell”. This is a great font to use as it will attract customers who are into heavy metal. I have also used a heavy front for my kicker. It is essential that I use a heavy font as if I use a light and thin font, my magazine will not attract my customer. The font that I have used is called “Snacks”.

I have also selected one of my images that I took from the photo shoot and inserted it onto my front cover. I have carefully looked through all of the images that I took and selected one for my front cover. It is essential that I select a dramatic image as the image on the front cover will attract my target audience. Once my image was inserted I decided to rotate and flip the image. By doing this I could create a better effect to my magazine and make the image look more dramatic.

I plan on finishing my front cover first as this means I can base the content on my dps to flow with my front cover. Once I inserted my front images onto my front cover I moved onto creating the layout of my dps. I started with creating the correct page size. It is essential that I create my dps the correct size as it needs to correspond with other magazines. I have also inserted my masthead and kicker on to my dps. Furthermore I have inserted my article layout onto my dps. Inserting my article column layout is essential as I need the layout ready for me to use to place in my article. If I do not have a set article layout I will have difficulty creating my dps.

I plan on setting specific targets for this week. I need to set specific targets as targets help me stay up to date with deadlines and progress. My targets are as follows, I plan on creating an advert for my front cover advertising a guitar. As a well known magazine named Kerrang use adverts to attract the target audience, it will be a good idea to make my magazine as realistic as possible. I also want to insert one of my sell lines. It is essential that I insert sell lines as sell lines are what are used to attract the customer. In addition I want to insert a barcode and feature images onto my front cover. I want to achieve these things as they will help me complete my product.

As you can see below i have made progress creating both my front cover and dps.






No comments:

Post a Comment