Tuesday 11 December 2012

Shutter Speed Investigations

The next assignment that we had to complete was shutter speed investigations. Photographers use shutter speeds to create a range of photos and effects. To create my own shutter speeds I used a professional camera. I took a range of speeds, these were all in TV mode and were 1/125 of a second which took a really slow picture, allowing you to catch lights and moving objects and a faster speed of 1/250, this allows the camera to capture a fast image. As you can see from the image above, I have taken a really slow image. I set the camera to 1/125, allowing me to capture the movements of a torch. This is a great image as it is attractive and very stylish. I needed to be in a dark room, this allowed me to capture the movements of the torch light. If I was in a bright room the camera would not be able to capture the light movements of the torch.
The second speed that we used was 1/250, this speed made the camera take an incredibly fast picture. This is useful when capturing slight movements of a moving object, the camera takes a 'freeze frame' of the object. Inside the camera the shutter speed changes depending on the speed used. The faster the speed, the quicker the shutter will open and close. The slower the speed used effects how slow the shutter opens and then closes. When the shutter speed is set to a low rate, the shutter of the camera stays open for a larger amount of time, therefore capturing a larger image. As you can see from the image above i have taken a fast shutter speed image. The camera has captured the movements of the subject jumping in the air. This image is unique as you can see the subject’s hair and clothing ‘still’ in mid air.

No comments:

Post a Comment